The Bump Method prenatal workout is a safe and effective program designed to support women in achieving a healthy and fit pregnancy. We combine Pilates, low-impact dance, restorative stretching and deep muscle activation. You will not do any gym-like “crunches”, but rather will learn to work your abdominal wall (transversus abdominis) from the inside out. Workouts are tailored to reflect the unique needs of each trimester of pregnancy.
SEPT/OCT SESSION: Mondays 6- 7 pm, Sept 10 – Oct 29, 2018 @ Yoga Star in Roncesvalles. 7 weeks REGISTER HERE
NOV/DEC SESSION: Mondays 6 – 7 pm, Nov 5 – Dec 10, 2018 @ Yoga Star in Roncesvalles. 6 weeks. REGISTER HERE
NOV/DEC SESSION: Saturdays 1 – 2 pm, Nov 10 – Dec 8, 2018 @ Ten Yoga in Keswick. 5 weeks. REGISTER HERE
The Bump Method Prenatal Pilates classes are offered in sessions. Please click the registration link for a map and address details. If the session has already started you are welcome to join and we can prorate it, or do $25 cash drop ins payable in class.
- Easier delivery and reduced labour time
- Helps prevent diastasis recti (abdominal separation)
- Strengthened pelvic floor resulting in fewer episiotomies/tearing
- Faster return to pre-pregnancy weight
- Reduced stress, anxiety and insomnia
- Improved posture and results in fewer aches and pains
- Helps prevent gestational diabetes.
- More efficiently delivers blood and oxygen to the heart and brain, enhancing concentration and energy-levels.
Bump Method sessions are available in private training and group workshop format.