The EPI-NO Delphine Plus is a multi-purpose childbirth preparation tool that enables you to connect with your pelvic floor prior during pregnancy. The biofeedback aspect is helpful in the strengthening phase as it allows you to see your ability to contract your pelvic floor muscles and also learn how to relax them which is vital during delivery. The strengthening phase can begin at any point in your pregnancy. The EPI-NO Delphine Plus is also used for perineal massage in the final weeks of pregnancy will help you avoid tearing, pelvic organ prolapse and post partum incontinence. It is recommended to purchase the product in your 2nd trimester.
Click Here for video.
How it can help:
How the EPI-NO Delphine Plus Will Benefit You and Your Pelvic Floor
- Clinical trials show a significant reduction of perineal injury in vaginal births
- Second stage of labour is considerably reduced which lessens the stress for both mother and child
- Less analgesic medication is required
- Reduces anxiety and enhances your self-confidence about the delivery
- Simple to use and easier than perineal massage
- Biofeedback gauge improves the quality of pelvic floor exercises
- Optimal device for speeding the regeneration/ recovery process
- Aids in increased sexual satisfaction post partum
Learn more about how the EPI-NO Delphine Plus works or clickHERE for video
The EPI-NO Delphine Plus consists of:
- a narrow, contoured silicone balloon
- a hand pump
- a pressure display gauge
- an air release valve
- a plastic connecting tube
The idea which led to the development of the EPI-NO originated in Africa where women insert calabashes/gourds of increasing size gently into the vagina to stretch the perineum and pelvic floor muscles to facilitate a natural birth and reduce the risk of perineal injury. From this age old African custom – still in use today – the soft inflatable EPI-NO balloon and birth-exercise program was conceived and developed into a modern-day medical device by Dr. Whilhelm Horkel, together with a team of gynecologists, midwives, urogenital physiotherapists and pregnant women.
The team also recognized the usefulness of the EPI-NO for women who are not pregnant but were experiencing challenges with a weak pelvic floor. EPI-NO provides a non-surgical, drug free alternative that lets women put pelvic floor wellness in the palm of their hand. Building on the Kegel exercise developed by gynecologist Dr. Arnold H. Kegel, the EPI-NO allows this simple, treatment for incontinence to become more effective through the use of biofeedback.
Manufactured by Tecsana – a German company whose name means “Gentle Technology” the EPI-NO is a revolutionary device for proactive pelvic floor wellness as well as a proven and effective tool to regenerate strength and tone to weakened pelvic floor muscles.